You can cook Kit's Minestrone using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Kit's Minestrone
- It’s 1 1/2-2 c of beans, red, white, pink or garbanzos or a mix of any.
- Prepare 2 of carrots, peeled and sliced.
- Prepare 1-2 of zucchini, sliced.
- It’s 1 c of small shaped uncooked pasta, boiled and drained.
- You need 1-2 tbsp of pesto.
- You need 2-14 oz of cans diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 2-14 oz of cans vegetable broth.
- You need 4-6 oz of spinach.
- You need 1/2 of sweet onion, chopped.
- It’s 1-2 tbsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 1-2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sea salt.
- You need of Grated Parmesan cheese.
Kit's Minestrone step by step
- Saute onions and carrots in olive oil until soft. Add garlic. Saute for a minute or 2. Add zucchini, tomatoes, beans, pasta, salt, and broth. Simmer for 20-30 minutes..
- Add spinach and pesto. Cook until spinach is wilted and flavors combined. Adjust seasoning, if needed..
- Serve with crusty bread and sprinkle with parmesan cheese..
- Variations: depending on your preferences, peas, potatoes, celery, or green beans can be added. Often I add a healthy handful of chopped parsley if I don't have spinach on hand. If you have fresh basil, this can be substituted for pesto. Other traditional italian greens like escarole or arugula can be added instead of spinach. It is also traditional to add a parmesan cheese rind to the pot early in the cooking process for flavor..