Quinoa Cakes. Crispy Vegan Quinoa Cakes with no eggs, flour or bread crumbs -topped with Tomato Chickpea Relish- a healthy flavorful, plant-based VEGAN dinner that is delicious and gluten-free! This healthy carrot cake recipe is made using almond and quinoa flours, and is naturally sweetened and uses applesauce to reduce the amount of sugar and oil! Crispy on the outside, soft and flavorful on the inside.
Ingredients of Quinoa Cakes
- You need 1 of Sweet Basil Pesto chicken sausage (finely chopped).
- It’s 1/2 cup of organic quinoa.
- You need 1 cup of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 of handful of kale (finely chopped).
- It’s 1 cup of Three Cheese Pomodoro pasta sauce.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 of butter.
- Prepare 1 of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of salt & pepper.
Ok, so remember when I was YUM! Now, I ventured into a crispier and cheesier quinoa cake. Hey, I was thinking of my kids here. Lunchbox-perfect Cheesy Veggie Quinoa Cakes are gluten-free, whole grain, and filled with colorful Here's an irresistible way to eat quinoa, and get your kids to eat it, too: turn the ancient grain into a.
Quinoa Cakes instructions
- Boil the quinoa in the chicken stock..
- When it's nearly done, add the sausage and kale and continue cooking until fluffy. Add salt and pepper to taste..
- Remove mixture from the pot and place into a mixing bowl (ceramic preferably). Then let cool for a while, OR place into fridge or freezer for a few minutes. This is to totally chill it so your egg won't start to cook when you add it in..
- Add the egg. Mix well..
- Scoop mixture into heated skillet (with butter and olive oil) and form into patties. Flip after three minutes..
- Place cooked cakes onto a paper towel to cool. Transfer to plate, and top with tomato sauce (heat that up first). Garnish with kale..
Everyone loves a flourless chocolate cake for that dense fudginess that can't be beat. It's not only because its texture is more like a more traditional chocolate cake. In a large bowl, mix together the cooled quinoa, grated zucchini and squash, chives, dill, mustard, garlic and lemon zest. These easy, healthy quinoa cakes are filled with mashed chickpeas, shallots, and scallions. The cakes are gluten free with a vegan option.