Creamy Pesto Pasta With Chicken, Asparagus & Brocolli.
Ingredients of Creamy Pesto Pasta With Chicken, Asparagus & Brocolli
- You need 150 g of pasta (dried weight),.
- You need 2 of chicken thighs, skins & bones removed, fat trimmed,.
- It’s of Around 8 spears of asparagus, ends trimmed off, chopped,.
- Prepare of Some florets of brocolli, around 150g worth,.
- You need 4 tbsp of reduced fat pesto,.
- It’s 3 tbsp of fat free quark or Greek yogurt,.
- You need 1/2 of reduced salt chicken stock cube, in 250ml boiled water,.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dried thyme,.
- You need of Salt and pepper to season.
- Prepare of Spray cooking oil.
- It’s of To serve:.
- It’s of Grated Parmigianino Reggiano cheese (optional).
Creamy Pesto Pasta With Chicken, Asparagus & Brocolli step by step
- Begin to cook the pasta according to packet instructions. Meanwhile heat a large high sided frying pan up over a medium heat. Add in some oil and once hot add in the chicken thigh, (cut it into small bite sized pieces). Brown off the chicken and season with pepper and add the dried thyme. Stir together. Add in the stock. Bring to a simmer..
- After simmering the chicken for around 3-4 minutes add in the chopped florets of brocolli and asparagus. Continue to simmer gently until the water begins to reduce down. Once the pasta is cooked drain it off and set aside..
- Once the water in the frying pan has reduced down by around 95%, (so there's not much left), add in the drained pasta and stir together gently. Remove from the heat..
- Add in the pesto and stir through. Then add in the quark/Greek yogurt and combine until a creamy green sauce is created that coats all the ingredients..
- Season with a little more salt and pepper to taste, serve up and grate over some cheese. Enjoy! :).