Pasta with zucchine pesto and prawns. Mezze Maniche Pasta with Zucchini and Prawns. This mezze maniche pasta with zucchini and prawns is a really tasty and elegant Italian seafood pasta recipe made with very thinly sliced zucchini and delicious spicy garlicky prawns. Chickpea pasta has about half the carbs of traditional penne and double the protein.
Ingredients of Pasta with zucchine pesto and prawns
- It’s 500 g of any short pasta.
- It’s 200 g of ready cooked cocktail prawns.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of For the pesto:.
- You need Half of a courgette.
- You need leaves of Few basil.
- Prepare Clove of garlic.
- It’s of Few pine nuts.
- Prepare Teaspoon of Parmesan – no more.
- You need Teaspoon of Pecorino – no more.
- Prepare of Good amount of olive oil.
Using a spiral vegetable slicer or a vegetable peeler, cut zucchini lengthwise into long, thin strands or strips. Natalie Morales shares one of her favorite healthy recipes: zucchini pasta with pesto. Watch the video to learn more about why Natalie loves this dish. Use even less pasta and more zucchini and pesto if you prefer.
Pasta with zucchine pesto and prawns instructions
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil. Chop courgette using the exterior part. Wash and dry very well, using kitchen paper, otherwise it'll be watery. Mix all pesto ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Cook pasta according to instructions. Drain al dente and add pesto. Mix well.
- Add prawns and mix again, serve and enjoy 😀.
Add the drained cooked pasta to the zucchini/pesto combination and gently mix together, adding as much pasta cooking water as you think it needs to get the mixture nicely combined. This pasta with zucchini is nothing short of amazingness. Shocking, I know, because nobody likes pasta. Chewy al dente pasta is half of the success to a tasty pasta with zucchini and tomatoes. I add al dente pasta directly from the pot to the skillet without draining.