Fresh orecchiette pasta with sun dried tomato pesto. Sun-dried tomato pesto coats the orecchiette in this traditional dish from Puglia giving you a delicious mouthful every time. Once the pasta is cooked al dente, drain the pasta. Topped with roasted grape tomatoes and grated cheese, orecchiette pasta is the ideal domed pasta shape for cradling savoury sun-dried tomato pesto and aromatic fresh basil.
Ingredients of Fresh orecchiette pasta with sun dried tomato pesto
- It’s 500 g of fresh pasta.
- Prepare Handful of almond nuts.
- Prepare leaves of Few fresh basil.
- You need 4-5 of sun dried tomatoes in oil.
- It’s as needed of Extra olive oil.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
Italians originally dried tomatoes on their ceramic rooftops. The Mediterranean flavors in this easy pasta dish come from sun-dried tomatoes, basil, almonds, garlic and Parmesan cheese, and the oil in the sun. In a blender I combine, jarred sun dried tomatoes, some cheese, some nuts, and garlic to make the pesto. It freezes well so make a large batch!
Fresh orecchiette pasta with sun dried tomato pesto instructions
- Whizz up the ingredients in a food processor until very well blended. Bring pot of salted water to the boil. Cook pasta according to instructions.
- Save a ladle of pasta cooking water. Drain, add back to pan. Add pesto. Mix and serve 😀.
Discover a new way to cook with Goodfood: original recipes and the freshest ingredients delivered to your door every week. The Pro Tip: This pasta will stay fresh for several days, so recipe creator Lindsay recommends making this recipe in a big batch to be We love the addition of sun-dried tomato pesto in this minestrone soup recipe by Half Baked Harvest. This recipe used sundried tomatoes that were not packed in oil, but rather just barely dried (still fairly pliable and moist). SUN DRIED TOMATO PESTO PASTA is quick, easy and exploding with flavor! You can customize it with any protein or veggies – instructions tips, and sun-dried tomatoes: use sun-dried tomatoes in a jar packed in oil, not water. basil leaves: please don't substitute dried. parsley: fresh please!