Appe pasta with pesto sauce. Also added a sprinkle of red pepper flakes and some Mrs Dash tomato basil garlic to liven it up a bit. My hubby said this was a definate keeper. Learn how to make Pesto Pasta an yummylicious pasta recipe with The Bombay Chef Varun Inamdar.
Ingredients of Appe pasta with pesto sauce
- Prepare of For appe:.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Semolina/Suji.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Curd.
- You need 2 tbsp of Onion – finely chopped.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1 pinch of soda.
- You need as needed of Water to make batter.
- You need as needed of Ghee.
- It’s of For Pasta:.
- You need 1 cup of Pasta.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Carrot finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Corn boiled.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Onion finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Capsicum finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Tomato puree.
- You need as needed of Oil.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need to taste of Chilli flakes (optional).
- Prepare of For Pesto sauce:.
- You need 2 cup of Fresh basil leaves.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Pine nuts.
- It’s 5-6 of Cashews.
- Prepare 3-4 cloves of Garlic.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Dry parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Lemon juice.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Olive oil.
It can be served as a main dish or side dish, and you can enjoy it warm or cold! As always, the quality of ingredients used to make this pesto sauce will determine the quality of the final product! Which pasta is best with pesto? This creamy pesto pasta sauce takes the summery flavors of basil into a thicker, creamier sauce!
Appe pasta with pesto sauce instructions
- For appe:.
- Soak suji in curd and water mixture for 1 hr..
- Add salt, soda and chopped onions to suji batter and make appe with ghee..
- For Pasta:.
- Boil water in a vessel, add a tbsp of oil and add pasta and cook for 15-20 mins or until the pasta is cooked..
- Strain and run through cold water..
- In a non-stick pan, add a tbsp oil and add chopped onion, carrots, capsicum and corn and saute till soft..
- Add tomato puree and salt and mix well..
- Add pasta and mix well..
- For pesto sauce:.
- Grind basil leaves, pinenuts, cashews, garlic to coarse..
- Add cheese and lemon juice and again grind to coarse..
- Take out in a bowl, add salt and pepper and oil to adjust the consistency..
- How to assemble:.
- On a serving plate, place pasta and then place appe on it, surrounding the pasta put pesto sauce..
- Serve hot..
But you know what I also like? Pesto has the flavor to beat everyone else, but I always find myself wanting more SAUCE. Drain pasta and place in a serving bowl. Pour pesto cream over the top. The tomatoes will be warmed by the hot pasta noodles and the cream sauce, and they'll keep their shape because they're not getting cooked to death.