Pasta with pistachio pesto and roasted tomatoes. Different versions of pasta with pistachio pesto. This recipe is the simplest version and contains only pistachios, olive oil, salt and parmesan cheese. However, you can also experiment by adding other ingredients such as the basil and mint , which are popular additions.
Or as a topping for crostini. Like for this pasta dish here, I tossed the pesto in some simple ingredients like sun dried tomatoes, roasted asparagus and mozzarella cubes, finishing it off with It's so simple and easy to whip up, and my most favorite thing about it is that some of the pesto gets stuck in the crevices of the shell pasta. This pistachio pesto can be used to elevate any dish: meats, pastas, and more! You can cook Pasta with pistachio pesto and roasted tomatoes using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pasta with pistachio pesto and roasted tomatoes
- It’s 500 g of short pasta.
- Prepare Handful of fresh basil.
- You need Clove of garlic.
- Prepare of About 20 g of Parmesan (good sprinkle).
- You need of About 20 g of unsalted, peeled pistachios.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- Prepare Handful of cherry tomatoes.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
We should really just call this pistachio pesto the magic green sauce because it literally elevates everything you put on it. I made a similar version to this last year, pistachio mint pesto, and while I do love that one, not. Pesto is easy to make from scratch with just a handful of ingredients. Its fresh flavor is the highlight of this super-fast pasta dish, packed with cherry tomatoes and chicken.
Pasta with pistachio pesto and roasted tomatoes instructions
- Wash and cut tomatoes in half. Roast at 150 for about an hour. Set a side.
- Cook pasta according to instructions in salted water. Meanwhile, wash basil and dry leaves well. Add basil, Parmesan, garlic, pistachio nuts and a drizzle of oil to a mini chopper. Whizz up for a min to make your pesto.
- Save a small cup of cooking water. Drain pasta and put back into pan. Add pesto, cup of cooking water and tomatoes. Mix well and serve with a sprinkle of pistachio nuts :).
After thoroughly enjoying a cold pasta salad doused in pesto and dotted with cherry tomatoes, I wondered how the pairing would be warm. They provide an unexpected but welcome contrast in texture from the chewy linguine and juicy tomatoes. Pasta With Pesto and Roasted Tomatoes. Enjoy our September cover recipe: Chicken pesto pasta with roasted tomatoes. Keyword: Pesto pasta salad, ricotta pasta, roasted tomatoes.