Pasta with Sicilian pesto. Now take the tomatoes, wash and cut into quarters. remove the green. Pesto alla trapanese is Sicily's answer to Liguria's more famous basil-rich pesto sauce. But where Ligurian pesto uses pine nuts, this one uses almonds, then adds juicy tomatoes on top of that.
Ingredients of Pasta with Sicilian pesto
- You need 500 g of pasta.
- You need 100 g of sundried tomatoes in oil.
- You need Handful of fresh basil.
- It’s Spoonful of pinenuts.
- You need Spoonful of unsalted almonds.
- You need of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Salt.
Add pepper mixture, then reserved pasta water, a little at a time, until sauce evenly coats pasta. Serve, topped with cheese, almonds, and parsley, and drizzled with oil. Toss with hot pasta and grated Parmesan cheese, then serve up hot or cold. Also added a sprinkle of red pepper flakes and some Mrs Dash tomato basil garlic to liven it up a bit.
Pasta with Sicilian pesto step by step
- Cook pasta in salted water. Get your pesto ingredients.
- Whizz them up together until you get a smooth paste, adding oil as necessary.
- Drain pasta, add the pesto, mix well and enjoy!!!!! :).
This Sicilian pasta with ricotta recipe has pistachio pesto in it! Pistachios are also an important ingredient in the Sicilian kitchen. Like ricotta, pistachios are used in Sicily to make ice-cream and many cakes. Sicilians also use them to make granita (a kind of sorbet), a pistachio liqueur and a. Pasta with sicilian pesto – download this royalty free Stock Photo in seconds.