Pasta with pesto Genovese. Pesto Genovese Recipe, the authentic recipe. This is the official recipe of the Consorzio Pesto Genovese that is very specific about exactly where the ingredients should come from. INGREDIENTS for PESTO GENOVESE, PESTO PASTA RECIPE (here, using a Kenwood Multipro food processor).
Ingredients of Pasta with pesto Genovese
- It’s of Approx 40-50g of fresh basil.
- It’s 1 of garlic clove.
- Prepare Tablespoon of or so of pecorino cheese.
- Prepare Tablespoon of or so of Parmesan.
- Prepare of Small handful of pine nuts.
- You need of Extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare of Pasta: 500g (for 4 people).
- It’s of Water and salt.
And yet, pesto is actually an interesting pasta outlier, because it's a sauce that breaks SPOP (Standard Pasta Operating Procedure). Pesto pasta is one of the most popular dishes in Liguria, Italy—and it's one that's found lots of popularity worldwide! But in many cases, what you find when you order a pesto dish abroad just isn't the same as what you'd find in Liguria. Here's what "pesto" really means, what pesto alla genovese.
Pasta with pesto Genovese instructions
- Wash and dry basil. Add to mini chopper or food processor. Add garlic roughly chopped, glug of oil, whizz it up.
- Then add the grated cheese and whizz some more. Add another wee bit of oil..
- Add pine nuts as last and continue whizzing..
- End result :).
- Add to cooked pasta. When you drain it, drain quickly, the dripping water will help mix up the pesto. Mix it all up and enjoy, it's delicious, trust me.
Traditionally, this Italian pasta recipe combines pasta and pesto with potatoes and green beans. In our recipe for Spaghetti Genovese we give pesto a nutritional boost by adding spinach and toss it all together with fiber-rich whole-wheat pasta for a warm, comforting weeknight meal. Add the authentic Italian flavour of fresh basil and PDO Parmigiano Reggiano to your favourite pasta dish with this Perfectly matched with 'al dente' Linguine, Pesto Genovese is ideal to give your dish a remarkable taste. To enjoy it at its best, Barilla suggests adding. Trofie Pasta with Pesto Alla Genovese.