Chicken pesto pasta salad. This chicken pesto pasta salad is quick, easy, and a great way to use up leftover chicken. The perfect make-ahead salad for summer entertaining. This basil pesto pasta salad was definitely a BIG hit at our house.
Great for BBQs, brunches, baby showers & more! The combination of flavors in this pesto chicken salad is seriously to-die-for! It's so easy to throw together and can be eaten as both a main or side dish. You can cook Chicken pesto pasta salad using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken pesto pasta salad
- It’s 3 cup of mixed salad leaves.
- You need 1/2 of a large cucumber.
- You need 1 of medium sliced onion.
- You need 2 large of chicken breasts.
- Prepare 250 grams of cooked pasta of your choice.
- You need 1 of salt, pepper, thyme, paprika/chilli powder, chicken spice or any spices of your choice to season the chicken.
- You need 1 of tsp lemon juice (optional).
- It’s 1 tsp of crushed garlic.
- You need 1 of bit of oil to toss pasta, and a few tbsp of butter to cook chicken.
- It’s 6 tbsp of pesto.
Pesto chicken pasta salad is one of my summertime staples. This quick and easy salad recipe uses pasta, pesto, canned chicken, and vegetables. You can use your favorite vegetables in this simple salad. Add some chopped yellow summer squash or add some grated carrots.
Chicken pesto pasta salad step by step
- Mix salad ingredients together in a large serving bowl.
- Season chicken filets with spices, garlic and lemon juice. Grill in some butter until cooked..
- Toss cooked pasta with some oil, and then mix in about 6 tbsp of pesto..
- Slice cooked chicken in half lengthways, and then slice again into thin slices.
- Mix chicken and pasta together.
- Lastly, mix together chicken and pasta, together with salad. You can add extra seasonings, salad oil, dressings, feta, olives or any garnishing of your choice. Serve warm or cold..
Summer pesto pasta salad with fresh basil pesto, spiral pasta, pine nuts, olives, peas, and cherry tomatoes. When it's the season for potluck barbecues, a quick and easy dish to prepare for a gathering is pesto pasta salad! Chicken Pesto Pasta Salad. with Pine Nuts. Chicken Pesto Pasta Salad – Well-marinated ingredients make this salad taste best. This recipe for chicken & red pesto pasta salad is a wonderful, flavorful dish that's easily prepared ahead for picnics or backyard barbecues.