Tuna with Pesto and Pasta Salad. Pasta Make this fast tuna pasta salad recipe that is great for a lunchbox. This Pesto Tuna Pasta is so simple yet so tasty! It is one great way to use canned tuna and turn it into a delectable meal in no time at all.
Ingredients of Tuna with Pesto and Pasta Salad
- You need 225 g of pasta dried shapes / 8 oz ..
- It’s 2 of tuna water canned (175g / 6 oz.) in (drained).
- It’s 150 g of beans French (halved) / 5 oz ..
- You need 300 g of cherry tomatoes (halved) / 10 oz ..
- You need 225 g of cucumber (roughly chopped) / 8 oz ..
- Prepare 150 ml of ricotta low fat / 6 fl . oz ..
- Prepare 100 ml of vegetable stock (cold) / 3½ fl . oz ..
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- It’s 3 cups of basil leaves (roughly chopped).
- You need 2 tablespoons of pine nuts (35g / 1½ oz.).
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic (chopped).
- It’s ½ teaspoon of chili flakes.
- Prepare ½ teaspoon of black pepper ground.
Pesto Tuna Salad with Sun-Dried Tomatoes. I am not even a fan of tuna but this was fabulous. I served on little garlic parmesan italian toast and it was to die for. I can't wait to try it with pasta!
Tuna with Pesto and Pasta Salad step by step
- Put the pasta in an uncovered pan of boiling water and cook for 10 minutes. For the last 1½ minutes add the green beans. Strain to remove the water. Set aside to cool..
- Whilst the pasta is cooking put all of the ingredients for the pesto into a blender and reduce to a loose paste. Mix with all of the other ingredients..
- When the pasta and beans are cool put in a serving dish and top with the mixed ingredients..
This healthy tuna pasta salad recipe is tasty, filling, and great for a light summer meal. It's a fabulous make-ahead pasta salad that's perfect I'm really pleased with how this tuna pasta salad turned out. In my opinion, it's a perfectly balanced meal. It has carbs from the pasta, protein from the tuna, and. I like to make this recipe when I've had a couple of days of unhealthy eating because The pesto is made with rocket, parsley and lemon, with a little vegetarian parmesan.