Creamy Pesto Pasta Sauce.
Ingredients of Creamy Pesto Pasta Sauce
- It’s 2 cups of fresh basil leaves.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic.
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of toasted pine nuts (or other nuts).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of balsamic vinegar (more or less to taste, or leave out).
- Prepare to taste of salt & pepper.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of butter, if serving with pasta..
Creamy Pesto Pasta Sauce instructions
- Using a food processor, place basil or greens on the bottom, and top with garlic, parmesan and nuts..
- Pulse until a coarse paste forms, the slowly incorporate the olive oil until saucy. Adjust taste with balsamic vinegar, salt & pepper)..
- To serve with pasta, place pesto in a mixing bowl with 2 Tbsp butter. Add hot pasta and toss until butter is melted, adding pasta water if too thick..