PESTO PASTA and BEAN SALAD with GARLIC BREAD. Fava-Bean Pasta Salad with Garlic-Scape Pesto. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil over high heat. Drain and rinse beans with cold water.
Ingredients of PESTO PASTA and BEAN SALAD with GARLIC BREAD
- Prepare of pasta.
- Prepare 400 grams of spaghetti.
- You need 2 of small potatoes, peeled & diced.
- You need 1/2 bunch of basil, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of avocado, cut into quarters.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, crushed with knife.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of olive oil + extra (if needed).
- You need of salt & pepper.
- It’s of salad.
- It’s 250 grams of cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters.
- You need 1 handful of rocket leaves, torn.
- It’s 1/2 of red onion, sliced.
- It’s 1/4 bunch of coriander, chopped.
- Prepare 200 grams of cannellini beans.
- You need of salad dressing.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of agave syrup.
- You need 1 tbsp of red wine vinegar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sesame oil.
- It’s of salt & pepper.
- It’s of bread.
- Prepare 1 of herb & garlic butter (refer to recipes) sliced into rounds.
- It’s 1 of baguette, cut 5-10cm (vegan bread).
This is a spin on classic pasta salad with a white beans, fresh summer vegetables, and a light vinaigrette. This recipe combines pasta with beans and fresh vegetables for a more substantial picnic salad. The dressing is a simple vinaigrette – no mayo – so the flavors stay fresh and bright. Try this Pasta And Bean Salad W/pesto recipe, or contribute your own.
PESTO PASTA and BEAN SALAD with GARLIC BREAD instructions
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil. Add the potatoes, cook for 5 minutes. Stir, add the spaghetti. Cook for 8 mintues, until tender..
- In a food processor, add the basil, avocado, garlic and olive oil. Blitz until smooth. Add extra oil if to thick. Season..
- Grill on medium. Place a garlic & herb butter round onto each peice of baguette. Grill until butter melts & bread becomes crispy..
- Once cooked, remove spaghetti, drain, return to pot. Pour over the pesto, stir and place in a serving dish..
- Meanwhile, rince the cannellini beans under running water in a strainer. Put in a serving bowl, toss through the rest of the salad ingredients. In a small bowl, add dressing ingredients, mix and season to taste. Gently toss dressing and salad..
- Remove garlic bread from grill. Serve immediately..
- Note: the potatoes are ment to go mushy in with the pasta, it helps the pesto stick to the spaghetti..
PESTO DRESSING: In bowl, mix together basil, cheese, pine nuts, garlic and salt. In salad bowl, combine pasta and beans. Toss with enough pesto dressing to coat generously. A zesty pasta salad with pinto beans, black beans, corn and tomatoes. Combine pinto beans and black beans in a colander; rinse with cold water and add to pasta.