Creamy pesto pasta with camembert bacon and chicken. Made with cream, parmesan, chicken, bacon and garlic. I've been crowned the Queen of Creamy-Without-Cream*, but today I'm dethroning myself temporarily just so I can share this Creamy Chicken and Bacon Pasta with you without an inkling of guilt. I would say it turned out reasonably well.
After all, it's a very rich and indulgent treat for dinner. The restaurant chicken pasta just doesn't compare to this delicious homemade version with spinach, bacon and tomatoes! How to make Creamy Chicken Bacon Pesto Pasta. You can have Creamy pesto pasta with camembert bacon and chicken using 13 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy pesto pasta with camembert bacon and chicken
- Prepare 400 grams of penne/pasta.
- You need 2 large of chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces.
- You need 8 slice of bacon chopped.
- It’s 1 medium of Red onion chopped.
- You need 1 clove of garlic minced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Basil pesto.
- It’s 300 ml of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of white wine.
- It’s 1 cup of Reserved water from pasta.
- You need 250 grams of Camembert cheese, rind trimmed off and cut into small chunks.
- You need of olive oil.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of salt and pepper.
Sauté bacon in a saucepan or medium wok until slightly crispy. Set aside half of the bacon for topping. Toss in cooked pasta until the sauce is evenly distributed. Transfer to a serving platter and top with crispy bacon bits.
Creamy pesto pasta with camembert bacon and chicken step by step
- Cook pasta in boiling water. (Add salt to taste and olive oil to prevent sticking after it's drained).
- While pasta is cooking add oil to a separate pan and cook through chicken until tender (season to taste) when it's finished remove to a bowl and set aside, covered with foil..
- When pasta is cooked scoop out your reserve water, drain pasta and leave to the side in the colander.
- Pre heat oven to 350°F (180c).
- Give your pan a good wipe. Re-oil and add bacon, frying until just slightly cooked..
- Add onion to the pan and fry until just translucent, then toss in the garlic, give it another minute or so, until everything is done to your liking, then give it a good stir..
- Splash in the wine to deglaze the pan, give the bottom a bit of a scrape to bring up the flavors and let it cook off for a bit..
- Pour in about 1/3 cup of your reserved water (save the rest if you prefer to thin your sauce out later) mix in your cream and the pesto, stirring to get a good mix..
- Return chicken to your pan and give it a good stir..
- Now slowly add the pasta, tossing to get a good coat on all the noodles. (you can leave some out if you prefer the dish to be saucier).
- Continue cooking over medium heat (with a slight bubble) to let everything cook together. Give it a taste, you'll know when it's ready..
- Transfer to a baking dish (or just use your pan if it's oven safe) Then cover the top with little chunks of the camembert cheese..
- Pop in the oven for about 10 minutes or until cheese is nice and melted..
- When cheese is melted give it a really good stir through so it spreads throughout the dish, then return to the oven for another five minutes or so..
- Remove from oven, allow it to cool and then enjoy..
There's nothing complicated about this Creamy Chicken and Bacon Pasta recipe, but it's everything you could want when we need a comforting. The crunch of pine nuts and the tang of sun-dried tomatoes combine with chicken and pasta in a heavenly pesto cream sauce. Be sure to taste and salt before serving, because depending on what kind of chicken broth you use, the dish may require no salt at all or may be extremely under-salted. The Best Pasta And Camembert Recipes on Yummly Gratin Small Potatoes with Bacon and CamembertReceitas Da Felicidade!