Rich Basil Pesto Pasta. Classic, simple basil pesto recipe with fresh basil leaves, pine nuts, garlic, Romano or Parmesan cheese, extra virgin olive oil, and salt and pepper. Every year we plant basil and every year the plants do so well that we can't use it up fast enough. Vegan basil pesto bursting with flavor from the loads of fresh basil, raw garlic, rich nuts, cheesy nutritional yeast, and fruity extra virgin olive oil.
Ingredients of Rich Basil Pesto Pasta
- You need 220 grams of Pasta (I used rigatoni).
- You need 1 of Basil pesto.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Parmigiano-Reggiano (grated).
- Prepare 1 of Olive oil (extra virgin).
- You need 1 of Salt.
Learn how to make basil pesto with this recipe, plus find tips on how to properly toss it with pasta How to toss pesto with pasta: Before you drain your pasta, place a liquid measuring cup in the sink. Normally I am not a big fan of pesto as it is very rich. However my husband LOVES it and we have a. Homemade basil pesto is incredibly easy to make and serve with nearly any type of pasta noodle for a super easy lunch or dinner.
Rich Basil Pesto Pasta instructions
- Prepare the basil pesto (such as. The nuts give it a great texture. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/155057-rich-basil-pesto.
- This time, I used rigatoni. Penne rigatoni (thin with a small hole) also goes great with this..
- Boil the pasta in a lot of boiling water that is just a little salty until slightly harder than al dente. Don't add too much salt!.
- Drain the boiled pasta well. Transfer to a boil and add 1 tablespoon of cheese. Toss lightly. It's also good with a lot of cheese..
- Finally, adjust the taste with salt and drizzle with olive oil. Drizzle a tablespoon of cheese and serve..
Pesto and pasta is perfectly delicious served plain with a bit of parmesan cheese and a sprinkling of extra roasted pine nuts if you have them. What Does Basil Pesto Go With? Basil pesto is an easy and healthy summer sauce that adds incredible flavor to a variety of dishes. Of course, there are the obvious uses for basil pesto, like mixing it in with your favorite pasta dish, or as the Thank you so much for sharing that with us Rich! Cilantro Basil Pesto Recipe – healthy, easy and done in minutes!