Tuna steak pasta with creamy pesto sauce. This Pesto Pasta with Tuna is so simple yet so tasty! It is one great way to use canned tuna and turn it into a delectable meal in no time at all. The thicker or larger shapes do better with richer or more robust sauces.
With that in mind, I set out to make a really simple creamy pesto sauce. This is the simplest fix ever: just make a simple white sauce (butter, flour, milk) and add in your normal pesto. While sauce is cooking, add pasta to a large pot of rapidly boiling water; cook till just tender. You can have Tuna steak pasta with creamy pesto sauce using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tuna steak pasta with creamy pesto sauce
- Prepare 2-4 of tuna steaks.
- Prepare 250 g of pappardelle (or tagliatelle) pasta.
- It’s 200 ml of cooking cream.
- It’s 1/4 cup of pine nuts, plus some extra for serving.
- Prepare 1 cup of fresh basil.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of parmesan cheese (finely grated).
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves.
- It’s of Juice of 1 lime.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cornflour (for thickening the sauce).
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
Creamy Tomato & Tuna Penne Pasta. See a pasta dish that's based loosely on a There wasn't enough sauce to coat the pasta, so I had to double it. It was really bland, so I added a. Drain pasta and place in a serving bowl.
Tuna steak pasta with creamy pesto sauce instructions
- In a blender add the cooking cream, 2 tbsp of olive oil, pine nuts, basil, parmesan, crushed garlic cloves and lime juice. Blend on a medium speed until smooth..
- Heat the sauce in a pan with the cornflour over a medium heat, until slightly thicker. Stir consistently to avoid any lumps forming. (For best results make the night before and store in the fridge)..
- Next boil water with salt and add the pasta. Cook for around 4 minutes..
- Heat the rest of the oil in a frying pan on a high heat..
- Season the tunas steaks with pepper on both sides..
- Once the pan is hot add the steaks and turn the heat down to a medium temperature..
- Cooked the tuna steaks for 1-2 minutes on each side depending on their thickness and how well you would like them cooked. You can watch the sides of the steak turn white to see how far they have cooked. Becareful not to dry the steak out, they can easily become dry..
- Now roast the extra pine nuts in the pan for a couple of minutes until browned..
- Serve the steaks over the pasta and heated sauce. Sprinkle the pine nuts on top and garnish with fresh basil..
- Season with salt and pepper to taste..
Pour pesto cream over the top. Add diced tomatoes and toss quickly. The tomatoes will be warmed by the hot pasta noodles and the cream sauce, and they'll keep their shape because they're not getting cooked to. Make this creamy pesto pasta for your family tonight. Kids eat anything as long as there is cheese on top, right?