Vegan Pesto with Farfalle Pasta.
Ingredients of Vegan Pesto with Farfalle Pasta
- Prepare For of Farfalle pasta-.
- You need 2 cups of fresh basil, packed, stems removed, washed and dried.
- You need 6-8 of grapes or cherry tomatoes cut in half.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of lemon juice, preferably fresh squeezed.
- You need to taste of Black pepper and salt.
Vegan Pesto with Farfalle Pasta step by step
- For pesto- In a food processor, pulse the garlic, 2 Tbsp. pine nuts (set aside the rest to be used as a garnish), lemon juice, and basil leaves ..
- While the food processor is running, if possible, carefully and slowly drizzle in the olive oil. The goal here is to create a smooth emulsion. Occasionally, you might have to stop and scrape the sides of the bowl ..
- Season with salt and pepper..
- If you are not going to use all of the pesto, then you can freeze it for up to 3 months in an airtight container..
- For Pasta – Boil pasta with some salt, according to the cooking instructions..
- Save 2 to 3 Tbsp. of water at the time of draining..
- Toss pesto into the pasta along with the saved water, halved tomatoes and 1 tbsp. pine nuts (optional taste good)..
- Garnish with basil before serving..
- NOTES – Leftover pesto can be frozen. I like to use it as a spread on my toast – If you do not have access to pine nuts, you can always use walnuts or pistachios – Skip the nuts, to make _pistou_ instead..