Pasta with home-made pesto and broccoli. Everything you love about homemade pesto, but with the added nutritional benefits of broccoli! Rich in antioxidants, you can add a tasty twist to your pasta with this recipe. Throw this homemade broccoli pesto on top of zoodles or regular noodles for a delcious.
If keeping the pasta dairy-free, you may. Toss pasta with broccoli pesto, adding more pasta cooking liquid as needed to coat evenly. loved it! I added garlic to the pesto and used rigatoni which turned out to be good idea since some of the pesto slipped inside the tubes! You can cook Pasta with home-made pesto and broccoli using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pasta with home-made pesto and broccoli
- Prepare of ——– Pesto sauce ——-.
- You need 1 of generous bunch fresh basil.
- Prepare 1 cup of pine nuts.
- It’s 120 gr. of parmesan cheese.
- You need 1 of generous glass good quality olive oil.
- It’s 1 of lemon (juice of).
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic (6 if it's a small bulb).
- Prepare 1 of few pinches of salt.
- It’s of ——– Pasta dish ——-.
- Prepare 3 tbsp. of pesto sauce.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of mixed seeds.
- Prepare 1 packet of tallerines.
- It’s 1 of small head broccoli.
I make this pasta and broccoli recipe at least twice a month when I need a quick meal I know everyone For a sausage version you may like this Orecchiette Pasta with Sausage and Broccoli. When everything is mixed in with the garlic and cheese, it creates a sort of pesto-like sauce that coats. This broccoli pesto is the best reason to keep them around. Slice broccoli stalks and roast in the oven mixed with the florets.
Pasta with home-made pesto and broccoli step by step
- Break the cheese into smaller pieces, put in the food processor with the pine nuts and blitz.
- Add the rest of the pesto ingredients and blitz again until you obtain a smooth, vibrant green sauce.
- If the sauce is too "dry" add more olive oil blitz and carry on adding and blitzing until you get this kind of texture. Taste and add salt accordingly.
- Save in an airtight container. It will keep for days in the fridge..
- For the broccoli pasta, wash the broccoli well. Heat about 4 cm. of water in a small saucepan and when it is boiling add a pinch of salt, the broccoli florets and cover with a lid. Steam for 4 minutes and drain immediatly. Hold under cold running water to stop it from getting limp. Cook the pasta according to the instructions in the packet and drain thoroughly. Mix the hot pasta with the pesto sauce in the pan. Add the broccoli and transfer to an oven dish. Sprinkle with seeds and put a dollup of pesto on the seeds. Put in a pre-heated oven at 180º for 10 minutes..
- Serve with a very simple tomato, onion and lettuce salad on the side. Enjoy :-).
A handful of florets mingle with the pasta, but the rest goes to making a nutty, cheesy, and zesty Transfer pasta to bowl with florets. This healthy pasta with pesto recipe, finished with a garlic & chilli sizzle, is the perfect easy dinner idea. See pesto pasta recipes at Tesco Real Food. Add the broccoli pesto and mix through the pasta to coat. Pasta Puttanesca Pasta Quiche Pasta Salad Pasta Salad Pasta with Broccoli and Pesto Pasta with Olive Oil and Broccoli Penne Ziti, penne, rigatoni, fusilli or similar short pastas may be used (do not use long, noodle-like pasta).