Jay's Meatball Sauce.
Ingredients of Jay's Meatball Sauce
- Prepare 500 grams of Passata with Garlic and Herbs.
- You need 2 tbsp of red wine vinegar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fennel seeds.
- Prepare 1 of red onion.
- You need 1 of glug good olive oil.
- It’s of sea salt.
- You need 15 of swedish meatballs (ikea).
Jay's Meatball Sauce instructions
- Finely chop the red onion and add the olive oil to a saucepan to heat up..
- With the oil hot, sauté the onions until soft.
- Whilst the onions are cooking, grind up the fennel seeds in a pestle and mortar..
- Add the ground fennel to the onions and let it cook for a minute..
- Add the red wine vinegar to the saucepan and let the moisture simmer away..
- Add the passata and nutmeg to the saucepan and bring to the boil..
- Use a stick blender to liquidate until smooth (optional).
- Salt to taste and simmer for 20 minutes..
- Add the meatballs and simmer until heated through..
- Serve over freshly cooked al dente spaghetti and sprinkle with shavings of some top notch Parmesan..