Mozzarella Stuffed Turkey Meatballs.
Ingredients of Mozzarella Stuffed Turkey Meatballs
- Prepare 1 lb of ground turkey (my package was 1.2 lbs of turkey, still worked out good).
- You need 2 of large egg whites.
- You need 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1/2 cup of italian seasoned bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk (I used almond milk and it worked out fine).
- You need 4 oz of mozzarella cheese, small cubed (1/2 in).
- You need 2 cup of marinera (I used a regular sized jar of my favorite spaghetti sauce).
Mozzarella Stuffed Turkey Meatballs step by step
- In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients, except marinera, mix well.
- Make meatballs. Grab about 1.5 tablespoons of meat mixture, flatten in hand a little, place small cube of mozzarella cheese in the middle, seal meat around. I made 26 total..
- On a low simmer, place meatballs into large saucepan over marinera (or spaghetti) sauce..
- Cover with lid, let cook about 20-30 min on low, CAREFULLY stirring occationally.
- ALL DONE! Some cheese will cook out, its ok. 🙂 serve over pasta, or make sandwiches, or eat as is!.