Ham and pesto pasta. The natural sweetness and beautiful color of English peas make them a great addition to pesto. Make this dish with or without the diced ham. This pesto is easy to make and a delicious and easy pasta addition.
Ingredients of Ham and pesto pasta
- It’s 300 grams of pasta.
- It’s 3 tsp of Green pesto.
- It’s 4 slice of Ham.
- It’s 10 of Plum tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 bunch of Rocket.
This post has been sponsored by Diamond Nuts. Quick and easy, ham and peas with pasta, cream, and Parmesan. Peas and ham are a classic pairing. Prepare pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
Ham and pesto pasta instructions
- Boil your choice of pasta according to the packet instructions.
- Chop the plumb tomatoes in half.
- Tear or chop the ham into bite sized pieces.
- Once the pasta is ready, drain and return to the pan.
- Add the pesto to the pasta and stir in.
- Add the tomatoes, shredded ham, and a few leaves of rocket.
Drain; place in a large bowl. Serving pesto with pasta breaks standard pasta rules for how to combine the sauce and the pasta. It's not like it's difficult to put pesto on pasta and eat it. And yet, pesto is actually an interesting pasta outlier, because it's a sauce that breaks SPOP (Standard Pasta Operating Procedure). Pesto and pasta is perfectly delicious served plain with a bit of parmesan cheese and a sprinkling of extra roasted pine nuts if you have them.