Simple Chicken Pesto Pasta. Chicken Pesto Pasta is chicken and penne in a basil pesto sauce. This is one of those recipes that's great for a busy weeknight. You only need a handful of I had pesto sauce in the cabinet and needed an idea for how to use it.
Ingredients of Simple Chicken Pesto Pasta
- It’s 2 of chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1 cup of vegetable pasta.
- It’s 1 tbsp of pesto.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of butter.
Combine the chicken, garlic, salt, and pepper, cooking until chicken is browned. Then, mix in the heavy cream, parmesan, and pesto, stirring until evenly Toss in the pasta and cherry tomatoes, stirring until evenly coated. To serve, sprinkle parmesan cheese and basil on top! CHICKEN PESTO PASTA makes a great lunch or light dinner during the hot summer months!
Simple Chicken Pesto Pasta step by step
- Boil chicken breast.
- Boil pasta.
- Once chicken is a nice white color strain it and place in a pan with 1/2 the pesto and the butter for about 8 min on high heat or until light brown.
- Once pasta is done strain and place back in pot with the rest of the pesto on ultra low heat..
- Once chicken is done chop it up a bit. Then add both together, mix, and enjoy.
Use up that fresh basil and make homemade pesto or make dinner extra quick with jarred pesto! Both work great in this simple chicken pasta recipe! This recipe is a keeper and I'll make it often! It was quick to make and was oh so creamy. Chicken pesto pasta is my go-to pasta dish made with fresh homemade basil pesto and melted mozzarella cheese.