Swedish-y meatballs. Swedish meatballs, or köttbullar, must be prepared, above all, with love. This is why 'Mom's meatballs' are a widespread concept in Sweden, and there are many different favourite recipes. These Swedish meatballs are so tender and flavorful and much lighter than traditional recipes.
Ingredients of Swedish-y meatballs
- You need 1 lb of ground beef and pork mix.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 4 slices of bread.
- It’s 1 of large shallot, minced.
- It’s 3 tbsp of chopped fresh dill.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 2 cups of beef stock.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
Homemade Swedish Meatballs are homemade meatballs smothered in creamy Swedish Meatball Sauce served over egg noodles or rice. This easy recipe is very kid friendly! How to make the best Swedish meatballs at home plus how to make the creamiest, most delicious sauce to serve them with. This recipe makes juicy and flavorful meatballs with a creamy, rich, and.
Swedish-y meatballs instructions
- Put the bread slices in a bowl with 1 cup of water. Let soak a few minutes, then remove the bread and squeeze out as much liquid as you can from them..
- To a large mixing bowl, add the ground meat, egg, minced shallot, half the dill, and nutmeg. Crumble in the bread. Add a couple of healthy pinches of salt and several grinds of freshly cracked pepper, then knead it all together with your hands. Once the meat mixture is well combined, use your hands to roll them into balls approximately half the size of golf balls. You should end up with 24 to 30 meatballs..
- Put a large non-stick pan on medium heat. Once it's warmed up, add a tablespoon of butter. When the butter's completely melted, add the meatballs. You don't want to crowd the pan, so you'll have to cook the meatballs in batches. Turn them over frequently so they don't burn and brown evenly. It'll take about 15 minutes to cook each batch, depending on the size of your meatballs..
- Remove the meatballs to a paper-towel lined plate to drain. Skim any meaty chunks from the pan and drain all but a tablespoon of oil. Add the beef stock and bring to a simmer. Make a slurry by mixing the cornstarch with 1/2 cup of water until it's smooth. Whisk the slurry into the pan. Continue simmering until the sauce thickens to the consistency of gravy..
- Return the meatballs to the pan and let simmer in the gravy for a few minutes more. Toss in the remaining dill. Serve everything with mashed potatoes and lingonberry jam..
Italian Sweden Meatballs IKEA Swedish Market What's the Difference? If you think the answer to "What is the difference between meatballs and Swedish meatballs?" is all in the sauce, think again! Swedish Meatballs Recipe – Köttbullar from Sweden. Every Swede has eaten them at least once in their Not exactly. Swedish Meatball Recipe – Swedish meatballs make a delicious dish with tender meatballs served in a rich, creamy sauce over noodles or mashed potatoes!