Meatballs stuffed with Mozzarella. Learn how to make these delicious meatballs stuffed with mozzarella! Serve over your favorite pasta or make into an amazing meatball sub. This recipe for mozzarella-stuffed meatballs is easy to make and fun to eat.
Ingredients of Meatballs stuffed with Mozzarella
- Prepare 2 slices of white sandwich bread (stale or slightly toasted).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of cold milk.
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef 80/20 mix.
- It’s 1/4 lb of ground pork.
- You need 1/2 cup of plus 2 tbls grated Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped leaf parsley.
- You need 2 tbls of fresh oregano.
- It’s 1 tbls of fresh basil.
- It’s 2 tsp of kosher salt.
- It’s 1/2 of medium onion grated (about 1/4 cup).
- You need 2 of minced garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1/2 of large egg beaten.
- It’s of Black pepper.
- You need 1/3 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare of Mozzarella cheese (cut into 1/2 inch circles or squares).
MOZZARELLA STUFFED MEATBALLS are the ultimate appetizer! Theses Italian meatballs are stuffed with whole milk mozzarella and they are oh so juicy and tender. You better make a double batch of these Mozzarella Meatballs if you want them to last! Fresh mozzarella is the hidden surprise in these easy and fast meatball appetizers.
Meatballs stuffed with Mozzarella instructions
- Grate the white bread or pulse into crumbs in a food processor, then In a small bowl toss the food processed bread crumbs with milk to re-hydrate..
- In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, milk bread, beef, pork, Parmesan, herbs, salt, onion, garlic, and egg and mix until combined. Season the meat mixture with pepper..
- Cut out small circles of mozzarella to stuff meatballs..
- Using your hands, gently form the meat mixture into 18 slightly larger than golf ball-sized balls around the mozzarella. (Packing the meat mixture too tightly together will result in tough meatballs). Make sure no seams or holes are in the meatballs or the cheese will leak out. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours..
- Heat half the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of the meatballs and cook, turning occasionally, until well browned on all sides, about 6 minutes. Transfer the meatballs to a plate. Drain the oil and wipe out the skillet, return to the heat, and repeat with the remaining oil and meatballs..
- Use a stock pot or large sauce pan and put all the meatballs in the pot and pour in marinara sauce. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer, covered, swirling the pan occasionally, until the meatballs are cooked through about 15 to 30 minutes. The cheese in the meatballs will start to melt when the meatballs are ready..
- Note* remember if you cook the meatballs too long the cheese could break out of the meatballs..
Use fennel and garlic for bold flavor! A big, fat, juicy meatball stuffed with melty mozzarella cheese, that's what. I've always preferred my meatballs smothered with melted cheese, because everything is better with cheese, right? In this case, though, the cheese is hidden inside. At first glance you wouldn't even know it's there, but then you cut.