Eggplant meatballs with marinara. Eggplant Meatballs in Marinara Sauce is actually a meat-free recipe that is vegetarian and gluten-free. This Eggplant Meatball recipe is made with roasted eggplant, creamy salty parmesan cheese, Italian breadcrumbs and fresh basil and parsley packed into a balls, and then lightly fried, served topped. Who says meatballs have to have meat?
Slow simmered marinara is made with roasted garlic and roasted eggplant with a splash of red wine for good measure. The roasted eggplant and roasted garlic cook into the sauce, melting Top some spaghetti with the marinara and meatballs and you're ready for your Lady and the Tramp moment. Eggplant Meatballs in Marinara Sauce is actually a meat-free recipe that is vegetarian and gluten-free. You can cook Eggplant meatballs with marinara using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Eggplant meatballs with marinara
- Prepare 1 of small eggplant.
- It’s 1 of large egg lightly beaten.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cooked cannellini or navy beans (rinsed), smash with fork.
- It’s 1 of large clove garlic finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of finely chopped basil.
- You need 1/4 cup of finely chopped parsley.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of finely grated Parmesan.
- It’s of Salt & pepper.
- You need 1 cup of panko breadcrumbs.
- You need of Olive oil.
- Prepare 2 cups of marinara (homemade or store bought.
This Eggplant Meatball recipe is made with roasted eggplant, creamy salty parmesan cheese, Italian breadcrumbs and fresh basil and parsley packed into a balls, and then lightly fried. Vegan Eggplant Meatball Marinara made with roasted eggplant and chickpeas. Served over my mushroom marinara and topped with vegan cheese. Roasted Eggplant with Marinara Sauce is a very tasty eggplant dish that could be considered an eggplant sandwich, that even non-eggplant eaters seem to enjoy!
Eggplant meatballs with marinara step by step
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and place the eggplant on top. Use a fork to prick the eggplant 4 times, then place the eggplant in the oven and roast it until it has completely collapsed and a paring knife easily slips into the center, 40 to 50 minutes. Cool the eggplant 20 minutes. Leave the oven on..
- Slice the eggplant in half lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop out the flesh (discard the skin). Place the roasted eggplant in a medium bowl and stir in the egg and beans. Add the garlic, basil, parmesan, 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and stir to combine, then mix in the breadcrumbs..
- Again, line the rimmed baking sheet with a clean sheet of foil and lightly mist it with spray. Shape the eggplant mixture into balls about the size of a golf ball (2 tablespoons per ball; you should get about 16). Place them on the prepared baking sheet and lightly mist the top of the balls with spray. Bake the eggplant balls until they are golden brown and firm, about 20 minutes..
- While the meatballs cook, warm the marinara sauce in a small saucepan. Remove the meatballs from the oven, sprinkle with a little extra parmesan and serve with the marinara sauce. Serve over pasta or not :).
Add a little oil to a pan on medium-high heat and cook the onions and garlic until they are deeply caramelized. This is great with fried eggplant or meatballs. I'm sure you could add ground meat if you wanted to make a meat sauce. This Chicken Meatballs with Marinara recipe is juicy, tender and full of garlicky flavor – a delicious dinner recipe for anyone who loves chicken Parmesan! Eggplant has worked its way into the starring role in many a recipe on this site, from pasta to sliders (you've got to see this one to believe it) and every taste in But it's time to forget the forks in favor of your fingers with this easy, cheesy recipe for Eggplant Parmesan Bites with Marinara Dipping Sauce.