Orzo and Mini Sausage Meatballs.
You can have Orzo and Mini Sausage Meatballs using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Orzo and Mini Sausage Meatballs
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Prepare 3 links of Italian sausage, casings removed.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 cup of orzo pasta, uncooked.
- You need 1 3/4 cup of unsalted chicken broth.
- You need 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of each salt and pepper.
- It’s 2 of heaping cups spinach, roughly chopped.
- It’s of Juice from 1/2 lemon.
- Prepare of Freshly grated parmesan cheese, for serving.
Orzo and Mini Sausage Meatballs step by step
- For the meatballs, just pinch off about 1 tsp of sausage and roll it into a ball. Place it on a plate and do the same with the rest of the sausage. Each link will give you 9-12 mini meatballs..
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large, deep skillet with a tight fitting lid. Once its hot, add the sausage meatballs to the pan and roll them around often as they cook until they are nicely browned on all sides. Then stir in the garlic to the pan. Once its fragrant, increase the heat to med-high and Add the orzo to the pan..
- Cook and stir often to lightly toast the orzo, then stir in the broth, cream, salt and pepper. Place the lid on while it comes up to a low boil. Once it begins to bubble, drop the heat down to med-low. Let this simmer for 5 minutes, stirring halfway to make sure the orzo isn't sticking to the pan. After the 5 minutes, stir in the spinach and place the lid back on for another 2-4 minutes, until the orzo is al dente. Then stir in the lemon juice, remove it from the heat and serve..