Jumbo Cheesy Meatballs.
Ingredients of Jumbo Cheesy Meatballs
- It’s 250 gm of ground beef.
- Prepare 250 gm of ground pork.
- You need 100 gm of whole milk ricotta cheese.
- You need 1 cup of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated.
- It’s 1 cup of bread crumbs.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 4 Tbsp of chopped onions.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of black pepper.
- You need 2 cups of tomato sauce.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped fresh basil.
Jumbo Cheesy Meatballs instructions
- Place all ingredients except the tomato sauce and the extra-virgin olive oil in a medium-size bowl and mix thoroughly by hand until they are completely combined and the mixture is uniformly firm..
- Coat your hands in olive oil and form fist size balls.
- Heat the tomato sauce in a saucepan over medium heat, then drop the meatballs into the sauce and add enough water to allow the sauce to reduce and simmer but not so much that the sauce is totally liquid. Cook for about 10 minutes on one side, then turn the meatballs over, add some more water, and cook for another 10 minutes, using a spoon to cover the meatballs with the sauce as they simmer. Remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes..
- Serve with chopped parsley, salt and pepper, more Parmigiano-Reggiano, and a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil..