Chicken Pesto "Pasta". Chicken Pesto Pasta is chicken and penne in a basil pesto sauce. This is one of those recipes that's great for a busy weeknight. How to Make Creamy Pesto Chicken Pasta – Step.
Ingredients of Chicken Pesto "Pasta"
- You need of Pesto.
- It’s 1 cup of Almonds.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Fresh Basil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Olive oil.
- Prepare 3 clove of Fresh Garlic.
- You need 1/2 of Juiced Lemon.
- Prepare 1 of Salt and Pepper.
- Prepare of Pasta.
- Prepare 1 lb of Organic Chicken Thighs or Breasts.
- It’s 2 of Zucchini.
- You need 1 of Yellow Squash.
- It’s 1 of Tarragon.
Chicken Pesto Pasta is a healthy and easy chicken pasta dish that you can cook for dinner. This dish makes use of Penne pasta along with basil pesto and grilled chicken. Loaded with chicken, asparagus, tomatoes and whole wheat pasta. I'm slowly easing back into my routine.
Chicken Pesto "Pasta" step by step
- Cook the chicken however you would like. Boil it, grill it, pan cook it. Whatever you like best. I cooked mine in a pan with some olive oil..
- Thinly slice your zucchini and squash length wise into thin strips with a mandoline. Then use a knife to cut them into noodles. Kind of like fettuccine noodle size..
- Now to make your pesto use a food processor. Add all your pesto ingredients to your food process and mix away! Taste it to see if you need more salt and pepper or even more lemon, olive oil, or basil in it. Your pesto, your flavor..
- Add a tablespoon or two of olive oil to a large pot or skillet. Then add in your zucchini and squash along with your pesto and mix well. Let that cook down a bit, stirring occasionally, while you cut up your chicken into bite size cubes..
- Throw in the chicken and mix everything together. Let simmer on low for 5 minutes or so or until the zucchini and squash are tender and ?al dente? or however you like your pasta. Serve with a bit of tarragon on top..
CHICKEN PESTO PASTA makes a great lunch or light dinner during the hot summer months! Use up that fresh basil and make homemade pesto or make dinner extra quick with jarred pesto! Chicken Pesto Pasta – The combination of freshly-made basil pesto, filling pasta, and tender chicken. Treat your family with this quick and tasty dinner! Pesto is easy to make from scratch with just a handful of ingredients.