You can cook Porcupine Meatballs using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Porcupine Meatballs
- Prepare of Meatballs.
- You need 1/2 C of Long Grain Rice, uncooked.
- It’s 1/2 C of Water.
- Prepare 1 of Medium White Onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sea Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Celery Seed.
- You need 1/8 tsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1 pound of Ground Beef.
- Prepare 2 of Tblsp Cooking Oil.
- You need of Sauce.
- It’s 15 oz of can Tomato Sauce.
- Prepare 1 C of water.
- It’s 2 of Tblsp Light Brown Sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp of Worcestershire Sauce.
Porcupine Meatballs step by step
- In a large mixing bowl: ground beef, 1/2 C water, onion, salt celery seed, black pepper, and garlic powder. Combine with hands until blended..
- Heat oil in large frying pan. I love using my cast iron skillet, or chicken fryer..
- Form 1 1/2 inch meatballs and place in heated skillet. As balls brown roll them in the skillet to cook evenly. Drain grease in container safe for hot grease..
- While meatballs are cooking mix sauce in a large mixing bowl: can tomato sauce, 1 cup water, brown sugar, worcestershire sauce..
- Once meatballs have been gently browned and firmed up pour sauce directly over meatballs in the skillet. Heat to a simmer. Cover and simmer gently about one hour. Checking to make sure they heat evenly. Don't cut the time or the rice will be under cooked..
- Serve meatballs with sauce. I like to have mine with mashed potatoes and a vegetable..