Ingredients of Sous-vide Meatballs
- You need 1 lbs of Hot Italian Sausage.
- You need 2 lbs of Ground Beef 85/15.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Za'atar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Lightly Dried Basil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Fresh Rosemary finely chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of Crushed Red Pepper Flakes.
- Prepare 1 of small Sweet Onion finely chopped.
- Prepare 3 Cloves of Garlic finely chopped.
- It’s 1.5 cups of Plain GF Bread Crumbs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Grated Parmesan.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs beaten.
Sous-vide Meatballs instructions
- Gently mix the meat together in a large mixing bowl..
- Mix the rest of the ingredients into the meat. Do this gently as well so the meat stays loosely combined. If you squeeze everything together into paste like consistency the meatballs will be tough..
- Fry up a small piece of the mixture to check the flavor. Make any adjustments if needed then cover the bowl with plastic wrap and leave in the refrigerator overnight. You can skip this step if crunched for time but this helps the flavors all come together..
- Get the sous-vide water bath warming to 145°. At this point you will want use a scoop to form the meatballs and lay out on a baking sheet lined with wax paper..
- Place them into the freezer so they are firm enough to hold their shape when put in the sous-vide bag..
- When the water is up to temp vacuum seal the meatballs you're going to make for dinner. Submerge in the water and set the timer for 1.5 hours..
- Get sauce heating on the stove, homemade or favorite jarred brand..
- When the time is up pour the meatballs and juices into the sauce and let simmer for about 20 minutes..
- Serve on a fresh made bun with melted provolone or over noodles..