Julie’s Spicy Meatballs. This is my new spin on my Moms'old spicy meatball recipe. They will dissapear befor your eyes. Spicy meatballs are boldly flavored with garlic, cumin, paprika, and cayenne.
Ingredients of Julie’s Spicy Meatballs
- You need 2 of lbs. ground meat. All beef will work, but I prefer a mix of beef and veal, or a mix of beef, veal and pork.
- You need 1/2 of sweet onion, finely chopped (food processor works nicely).
- You need 1 of hot pepper of choice, finely chopped. I used a long hot and left the seeds in, also chopped in the food processor.
- It’s 1 of raw egg, for binding.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Italian style breadcrumbs.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- It’s 1/4-1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- You need 4 of basil leaves, chopped.
- It’s 1 TBS. of dried parsley or a bunch of fresh chopped parsley.
- Prepare to taste of Salt,.
- You need to taste of Black pepper,.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of milk.
- It’s 2 TBS. of flour, for coating meatballs.
The zucchini adds fiber and moisture to the meatballs (as lean chicken meatballs. Spicy Italian meatballs – Say hello to a bigger, badder meatball. These meatballs are spicy and smoky and delicious. Transfer meatballs to rimmed baking pan and transfer to oven.
Julie’s Spicy Meatballs step by step
- Mix all ingredients together, except flour, and form into apx. 16 meatballs..
- Coat each meatball in flour by rolling it around on a plate. This wonderful cooking tip comes from Tony Danza’s meatball recipe! This prevents sticking while they fry..
- Brown the meatballs by frying in a pan for about 8-10 minutes, turning once. I prefer frying in bacon grease for added flavor, but any oil will do..
- Finish cooking meatballs in a pot of your favorite tomato sauce (homemade is best! See my recipe for homemade tomato sauce), simmering (covered) for at least one hour. The longer they simmer, the better they are!.
- Serve with spaghetti or any other pasta, using the reserve of sauce for your pasta..
- Buon appetito! 🇮🇹.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the meatballs in batches until nice and deep golden, then move them to a plate. This slow cooker recipe uses prepared meatballs, grape jelly, and a few jars of taco sauce to make a sweet and spicy dish. Reviews for: Photos of Easy Sweet and Spicy Meatballs. Meatballs make a delicious family meal and you're sure to love this recipe.