Spaghetti and Meatballs. This Spaghetti and Meatball recipe from Delish.com proves everything is better homemade. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook spaghetti according to package instructions. Spaghetti and meatballs is such a comfort food classic!
Ingredients of Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Prepare 1 (35 oz) of can crushed tomatoes.
- You need 1 lb of lean ground beef.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of dried bread crumbs.
- You need 2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of onion finely chopped.
- It’s 3 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of pepper flakes.
- It’s 1/4 cup of parmesean cheese.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 lb of spaghetti noodles, cooked.
There is something extremely relaxing about rolling the meat into little balls and plopping them into a. Never eating spaghetti and meatballs again in my life would be pretty devasted. The mother of all Italian-American foods, excepting pizza, perhaps, is spaghetti and meatballs. Simple to cook, with easy ingredients and only a little prep work, the dish is somehow marvelously rich and.
Spaghetti and Meatballs instructions
- In a large bowl, combine beef with breadcrumbs, Worcestershire sauce, parmesan, egg, garlic, salt and pepper flakes..
- Mix until just combined and form into 16-18 balls..
- In a large pot over medium heat, add 1 tbsp oil. Add meatballs and cook, turning occasionally, until browned on all sides, about 10 minutes..
- Remove meatballs and reserve on plate..
- Add the remaining olive oil and onion and saute until onion is translucent..
- Add crushed tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper and bring to a simmer..
- Add the meatballs back into the pot, cover and simmer until the sauce has thickened, 8-10 minutes..
- In a separate large pot boil water. After water boils put in spaghetti noodles and let it cook for 5-10 minutes or until noodles are soft and ready to eat..
- Pour spaghetti sauce with a good helping of helping of meatballs. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and enjoy! Best served with garlic bread!.
Making the Best Spaghetti and Meatballs. I don't think there is any doubt that caramelized onions taste better than raw onions, the question is whether the extra effort is worth it. How to Make Spaghetti and Meatballs. There are three parts in making it. The first is to make the meatballs, next is to prepare the sauce, and lastly is to cook the spaghetti.