Suya spice meatballs. In a Large bowl, mix the beef, parsley, egg, salt, Suya Pepper. Spread the Bread crumbs on a flat surface. Suya spice also known as Yaji Spice is a very popular spice where I come from.
Spicy meatballs are boldly flavored with garlic, cumin, paprika, and cayenne. The meatballs and the sauce are very flavorful! They also keep well in the fridge for several days, and you can even freeze. You can have Suya spice meatballs using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Suya spice meatballs
- You need 1 lb of Ground Beef.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Parsley.
- Prepare of To Taste, Nigerian Suya Pepper.
- It’s of OR Regular Black Pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of bread crumbs OR GARRI.
- It’s of Olive Oil or Vegetable oil for Frying.
I am sharing with you today how I achieved this super Scrumptious meatballs with a twist adding the popular Nigerian Suya spice. Suya is a Nigerian shish kebab (roasted skewered meat), but with a particularly African twist: a peanut-spice rub. It is believed that Suya originated with the Hausa people in the Northern Nigeria. This is far better than the store-bought version.
Suya spice meatballs instructions
- In a Large bowl, mix the beef, parsley, egg, salt, Suya Pepper..
- Spread the Bread crumbs on a flat surface..
- Using your hands, form tennis ball sized meat balls..
- Pour 1 inch of the Oil into a deep frying pan or Wok, Heat the oil..
- Pro Tip: you can check the temperature of the oil by tossing a tiny crumb of soft bread, if it fries, then your oil is sufficiently hot..
- Once the meat balls are fried, place them on a paper towel to drain the excess oil, serve!.
Trust me when I say you need this homemade suya spice recipe in your life! Suya or soya is the quintessential West. meatball spice , sumac , peppermint , black seasme , cummin , india cury , karisik , rezene (fennel). Suya Spice Is Now Ready to Use. Once extracted, you may proceed to mix in the spices. This does not need further explanation.