Italian wedding soup with meatballs. This lovely soup combines extra lean ground beef made into meatballs with thinly sliced escarole or spinach, orzo macaroni, and finely chopped carrot. After reading everyone elses reviews this is what I did to make the best Italian wedding soup I've EVER tasted. Classic Italian wedding soup is beloved for its simplicity and satisfaction.
Italian wedding soup is a quick and hearty dinner that only looks like you worked long and hard to make it. Versions of the soup have been made all over the How to Make Italian Wedding Soup. Just shape ground pork and beef meatballs and simmer them in chicken stock, then add leafy greens and. You can cook Italian wedding soup with meatballs using 21 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Italian wedding soup with meatballs
- Prepare of For the meatballs:.
- You need 500 gr of ground beef.
- It’s 1/3 cup of bread crumbs.
- You need 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- Prepare of For the soup:.
- You need 1 of big onion.
- You need 2 of celery sticks.
- You need 1-2 of carrots.
- It’s 1 l of diced tomatoes (canned of fresh).
- You need 1 bunch of spinach.
- You need 1 cup of small pasta.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 of t.s. Italian seasoning.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Salt, pepper.
- You need 2 l of chicken broth.
How to make Italian Wedding Soup. In a large bowl, beat the egg with the chives, sage and garlic. The whole family loves this Italian wedding soup with tender meatballs, veggies and pasta in a rich, flavorful broth. This hearty soup is all about the union of aromatic vegetables with rich meat.
Italian wedding soup with meatballs instructions
- Mix in a bowl bread crumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, pepper, salt, garlic and egg. Add minced beef and mix with your hands. Heat oil in the large stockpot. Cook onion, carrot and celery simultaneously until onion starting to turn translucent. Add diced tomatoes. Pour in chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add meatballs and boil at medium about 5 minutes. Stir in spinach and simmer about 10 minutes..
- Add small pasta and cook 5-6 minutes. Mix in a bowl 2 eggs, grated Parmesan cheese. Add some pepper. Drizzle evenly across the top of he soup to create a thin layer. Cook about 2-3 minutes, then stir and switch heating off. Serve immediately..
- Video with my cooking of this soup https://youtu.be/AF4YyXkqysk?sub_confirmation=1.
The dish that likely inspired modern-day Italian wedding soup was Our version features earthy collard greens and juicy pork meatballs seasoned with a blend of fennel seeds and dried oregano. Italian wedding soup is affectionately called minestra maritata or "married soup". It begins with a savory chicken stock base followed by add-ins like For a gourmet twist, homemade turkey meatballs are broiled to add texture and flavor. The smaller-sized portions perfectly nestle into the soup spoon. A delicious and hearty soup made with bite size herbed beef and pork meatballs, veggies and acini de pepe pasta.