Meatballs with orzo in tomato sauce🇬🇷. (Giuvetsi me keftedakia). Season the contents with sugar, salt and freshly ground pepper. Learn how to Make homemade meatballs in tomato sauce. Great for quick and easy dinner or lunch.
Ingredients of Meatballs with orzo in tomato sauce🇬🇷. (Giuvetsi me keftedakia)
- Prepare of for meatballs.
- It’s 2 lbs of ground beef.
- It’s 1/2 of onion chopped.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic chopped.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of bread crumbs.
- Prepare 7-8 of mint leafs chopped.
- It’s 2 tbs of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground pepper.
- Prepare of Oil for frying.
- Prepare of for tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 of small onion chopped.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic chopped.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 2 of all spice balls.
- Prepare 3-4 of basil leafs chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of /cup water.
- It’s 1 cup of orzo.
To prepare the tomato sauce, heat a deep pan over medium heat. Pour in the olive oil and the chopped onion and garlic and sauté. Into a fireproof tray, add the sauce, along with the meatballs (keftedes) and the pasta and stir. Cover with some aluminium foil and bake for approx.
Meatballs with orzo in tomato sauce🇬🇷. (Giuvetsi me keftedakia) step by step
- For the meatballs combine all ingredients and mix them.
- Make them in to small balls and than in a frying skillet add enough oil to cover about 1/4 of the meatballs and fry at medium heat turning occasionally.
- Now in a big frying pan add the oil onion bay leaf all spice pepper and basil and fry at medium heat till glazed.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the orzo and cook for about 20 min at medium heat.
- Now add the cooked meatballs and keep cooking for another 10 min.
- Now add the orzo and cook to your liking remember orzo will expend quite a bit.
- You can top with some shredded parmigiana or mizithra cheese enjoy Kali orexi.
Both the sauce and meatballs are fairly easy to make and put together. Meatballs with tomato sauce by Greek chef Akis Petretzikis! An easy recipe for fried, pork meatballs and a delicious tomato sauce full of aromas and herbs! Excludes foods such as milk, yoghurt, cheese and their by-products. Keftedakia are meatballs and the recipe here is what can be considered as comfort food in some parts of Greece like Ioannina, cooked with spaghetti and tomato sauce.