Cilantro Pesto Pasta with Grilled Chicken.
You can cook Cilantro Pesto Pasta with Grilled Chicken using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cilantro Pesto Pasta with Grilled Chicken
- Prepare of Cilantro Pesto.
- It’s 2 cup of cilantro leaves.
- It’s 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of pine nuts, toasted.
- You need 1/4 cup of romano (or parmesan) cheese, grated.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt & pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of lime zest.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lime juice.
- You need 1 lb of mini farfalle (bow tie) pasta.
- It’s 4 of -6 chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1 envelope of McCormick lime mojito marinade (Thanks Ray Ray, now I'm hooked! lol).
Cilantro Pesto Pasta with Grilled Chicken instructions
- Mix McCormick marinade according to package directions and marinate chicken for 15-30 minutes..
- Grill chicken on the grill outdoors or indoors on a stove top cast iron grill pan..
- Let chicken rest for 5 to 6 minutes then cut chicken breasts into bite size pieces. Set aside..
- Toast pine nuts in a non stick dry skillet over medium high heat until slighty toasted and golden brown stirring constantly..
- To a blender or a food processor add all ingredients for pesto except olive oil..
- Slowly drizzle in olive oil from the top of the blender on low speed to form a thick sauce. Set aside..
- Cook pasta according to package directions, rinse and set aside..
- Add pasta back to pasta pot. Mix in pesto and stir to combine thoroughly over low heat to warm. Add 3 cut up chicken breasts to pasta and pesto stirring again to incorporate well..
- Use remaining cut up chicken breasts to garnish on top of the pasta. Can top with freshly grated romano or parmesan cheese and fresh cilantro leaves if desired..