Meatball Soup with an Egg-Lemon Sauce (Giouvarelakia me Augolemono).
Ingredients of Meatball Soup with an Egg-Lemon Sauce (Giouvarelakia me Augolemono)
- You need 500 grams of ground beef.
- You need 1 of medium Egg.
- You need 1 of Onion diced.
- Prepare 1 of Carrot chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of White Grain Rice.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Dill diced.
- It’s 1 of Lemon Juice.
- It’s 2 of Potatoes chopped in cubes.
- You need 1 litre of Water.
- You need 1/2 cup of All Purpose Flour (optional).
- You need 1 teaspoon of Salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Pepper.
Meatball Soup with an Egg-Lemon Sauce (Giouvarelakia me Augolemono) instructions
- 1) In a large bowl combine all the ingredients by hand, except for the egg and the lemon. juice. 2) Take a small piece of the meat mixture and make a small meatball. 3) Dip each meatball into flour and shake off the excess flour before putting into the water. 4) In a large sauce pot add water, carrot, potatoes and the meatballs, cook for 1 hour on low heat..
- 5) Whisk egg white, slowly add in the lemon juice along with about 50 ml of the hot soup. Continue to whisk add in the egg yolk. Once this sauce has slightly thickened add into the meatball soup and serve hot. It is a pretty simple soup once you get the whisking and boiling out of the way. 😉 Kali Orexi!!!.