Ingredients of Moroccan Meatballs
- It’s 1 pound of ground beef.
- You need 1 pound of ground turkey.
- It’s 4 of garlic cloves chopped.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of crushed cashews.
- You need 3/4 cup of chopped cilantro.
- You need Pinch of onion powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ras el hanout.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoon of cumin.
- You need 5-6 of saffron hairs.
Moroccan Meatballs instructions
- In a small pot heat 1/2 cup of water with the saffron hairs. Let simmer twenty minutes until the water turns yellow..
- Mix Meats with crushed cashews, 1/2 cup chopped cilantro, 2 chopped garlic cloves, onion powder, ras el hanout, cumin, and 1 teaspoon of the saffron water..
- In a large pot add 3/4 cups of water, the remainder of the saffron water, 2 chopped garlic cloves, 1/2 teaspoon cumin and 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro..
- Make small square patties out of the mixed meat (mini hamburger shape) and add to the large pot. Heat the meatballs covered for 20 minutes on medium heat. Lower heat to a simmer. Uncover the pot and cook for an additional 30 minutes until the liquid is reduced by half. Halfway through cooking time, flip meatballs around so they cook evenly..