You can have Swedish Meatballs using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Swedish Meatballs
- Prepare of Meatballs:.
- You need 1 lb. of ground beef.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of bread crumbs.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 2 tbsp. of finely diced onion.
- It’s 1 of large egg.
- You need 2 tsp. of dried parsley.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of each nutmeg, allspice, salt, pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp. of olive oil.
- You need of Gravy:.
- You need 3 tbsp. of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 3 tbsp. of all purpose flour.
- It’s 2 cups of beef broth.
- You need 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- You need 1 tbsp. of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 tsp. of dijon mustard.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of each nutmeg, pepper.
Swedish Meatballs instructions
- In a large bowl, mix together the beef, breadcrumbs, garlic, onion, egg, nutmeg, allspice, salt, pepper and parsley until fully incorporated. Roll the mixture into equal sized balls..
- In a large, deep skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Once hot, add the meatballs to the skillet in batches. Roll them around with a wooden spoon every couple of minutes to evenly brown the outside while they cook through. Once they're done, remove them to a towel lined plate and tent some foil over them. Set them aside..
- Drain any excess fat from the skillet, but leave any charred bits that are in there from the meatballs. Increase the heat to medium-high and add the 3 tbsp of butter. Once it's melted, whisk in the flour and cook while whisking for a minute or so. Then slowly add in the broth while whisking until it's all incorporated and smooth. Whisk in the Worcestershire, Dijon and seasonings and let this come to a simmer..
- Let it simmer until it thickens, stirring occasionally, then whisk in the sour cream. Add the meatballs back to the skillet and let them simmer in the sauce for about 10 minutes, until everything is heated through. Serve immediately (We just usually toss it in with egg noodles, then serve)..