Buttered Pesto Pasta.
You can have Buttered Pesto Pasta using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Buttered Pesto Pasta
- Prepare 8 oz of pasta of your choice, boil al dente.
- It’s 2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp of basil paste.,,., 1 T dried basil….1/4 cup fresh chopped.
- It’s 4 tbsp of butter… can 1/2 it olive oil.
- It’s 1/3 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese.
- You need 1 tbsp of dried parsley.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of pistachio nuts, whole.
Buttered Pesto Pasta step by step
- put nuts in a food processor and grind… u can use pine nuts or walnuts..set aside..
- put 6 cups of water and salt in saucepan and bring to a rolling boil…add pasta slowly and stiring slowly. turn down to medium. stop stirring and let cook… let boil 10-12 minutes. pasta should be firm but tender…..
- drain pasta well in colander. while pasta is draining melt butter in the sauce pan. add basil paste, garlic powder, and pepper… when it is melted add pasta and toss in butter mixture..
- ~~~~~~ because I added salt to the water and used salted butter I didn't add any additional so please salt to taste..
- I add the shredded cheese while warm but ready to serve..,.