Chili Lemongrass Meatballs.
Ingredients of Chili Lemongrass Meatballs
- You need 2.5 pounds of ground pork.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of oil for sweating aromatics.
- You need 1/2 cup of minced onion.
- You need 1/2 cup of minced shallots.
- Prepare 3 Tablespoons of minced garlic.
- It’s 2-3 Tablespoons of minced chili of your choice (I used serranos this time).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of very finely chopped lemongrass (just the white ends).
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- Prepare of zest of 1 lime.
- It’s 3-4 Tablespoons of finely chopped cilantro.
- You need 2.5 Tablespoons of fish sauce.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 1-2 Tablespoons of oil, depending on how fatty your ground pork is, for the meatball mix.
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of oil for rolling meatballs.
Chili Lemongrass Meatballs step by step
- Sweat the onion, shallots, garlic, chilies, and lemongrass in the 2 teaspoons oil in a pre-heated medium pan for 4 minutes or so, or until the onions are translucent..
- Preheat oven to 450F..
- Combine all of the rest of the ingredients with the sweated onions, etc. in a large mixing bowl, and massage all ingredients together until they are just evenly incorporated..
- Line a sheetpan or cookie sheet with foil, and lightly oil the foil..
- Lightly oil your hands and form roughly 1 ¾” meatballs, placing them at least 1.5 inches away from the next meatball in your sheetpan or cookie sheet. The oil not only helps to keep the meatball mixture from sticking to your hands, but it helps the meatball sear more quickly, therefore retaining the juices..
- Place the sheetpan in the oven so that the top of the meatballs is about 4 inches away from the top heat element. (Usually either the first or second rack in most ovens.) Bake for 13 minutes..
- Then turn the oven to broil and broil an additional minute to two minutes to achieve desired browning on top..
- Enjoy! :).