Hotdog, Meatballs, and Sauerkraut. Mix a few ingredients together including sauerkraut, relish, caraway seeds, sugar and mustard to make your favorite Chicago-style hot dog topping. This is a great topping for those who love sauerkraut on their hot dogs. By mixing these ingredients together you get a great way to finish off a hot dog.
Ingredients of Hotdog, Meatballs, and Sauerkraut
- It’s of Meat——–.
- It’s 12 ounces of hotdogs, beef.
- Prepare 24 ounces of meatballs see one of my recipe.
- Prepare of Pasta———–.
- You need As needed of water about 2 quarts.
- You need 1 tablespoon of extra Virgin olive oil for water.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of parsley flakes.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of salt for pasta.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika.
- It’s 8 ounces of ziti pasta.
- You need of Potato————-.
- Prepare 3 of large potatoes 2-1/2 pound diced.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground white pepper.
- Prepare of Other ingredients——–.
- It’s 27 ounces of sauerkraut.
Cut hot dogs into small pieces, mix all ingredients in pan and add a little water. Hot dogs and sauerkraut are a classic combination. But add cheese, a bit of onion and celery salt. it takes ordinary hot dogs to a new level. Serve this at a cookout, game night or to a group of hungry teenagers and watch them disappear.
Hotdog, Meatballs, and Sauerkraut step by step
- Boil the pasta.
- Fry the meatballs and Potatoes add salt, garlic, and pepper. The juices from the meatballs will fry the potatoes. Cover.
- After the meatballs are browned and the potatoes are getting tender add hotdogs and 1 cup of the pasta water. Cover..
- Add sauerkraut when the potatoes are crispy but fork tender. About 15 minutes covered. Cover and cook 10 minutes.
- Add spices to the cooked pasta.
- Mix and add to the mixture let simmer 10 minutes stirring occasionally..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!.
Hot dogs and sauerkraut are a classic combination. Hot dog bun garnished with cheese and sauerkraut Woman holding tasty hot dog with sauerkraut on color background, closeup Chillean Completo Hot Dog with Sauerkraut Hot dog with sauerkraut and mustard close up. A famous hot dog maker in Pennsylvania, Yocco's Famous Dogs, uses sauerkraut and a thin bean chili combination to make their hot dogs. The sauerkraut will often be very strong tasting, but not as "funky" as kimchi. It pairs well with a lot of different foods, usually other strong flavors.