Cuban Meatballs Bento.
Ingredients of Cuban Meatballs Bento
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1/2 of red onion diced.
- You need 1/3 of green pepper diced.
- Prepare 5 of garlic cloves finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1 of lime juiced.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of panko.
- Prepare 1 can of tomato sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of white wine.
- You need 1 Tbsp of parsley chopped.
- It’s of Olive oil for cooking.
- You need of Salt & Pepper.
Cuban Meatballs Bento instructions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees..
- In a bowl mix ground beef, diced onion (reserve a tablespoon of chopped onion), all the diced green pepper, half of the chopped garlic, cumin, half of the lime juice, egg, salt & pepper to taste, and the panko. Mix everything really well. Shape meatballs to desired size. For a Bento try to keep them relatively small..
- Place meatballs in an oiled baking tray and bake for 25 minutes. We are just trying to brown the outside. If you want to do it the really authentic Cuban way, fry the meatballs instead of baking them..
- In a saucepan add some olive oil and sautée remaining onions and garlic for about a minute. Immediately add tomato sauce and salt & pepper to taste. Add the remaining lime juice and white wine. Simmer for 10 minutes..
- Add meatballs to sauce and let simmer in medium heat for 15 minutes..
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving. Note: Let cool to room temperature before putting in Bento box..