Spaghetti and Meatballs. This Spaghetti and Meatball recipe from Delish.com proves everything is better homemade. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook spaghetti according to package instructions. Spaghetti and meatballs is such a comfort food classic!
Make the meatballs: In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, ground pork, reserved onion and garlic mixture, bread crumbs, ricotta. Sprinkle with more Parmesan and serve with some basil (if using) and remaining sauce alongside for topping. Rich tomato & Italian meatballs pasta. You can cook Spaghetti and Meatballs using 10 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Prepare 1 pound of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 pound of box of spaghetti.
- Prepare of Shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare of Panko bread crumbs.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Cajun seasoning (or preferred beef seasoning).
- It’s of Black pepper (optional).
- It’s of Oregano (optional).
- It’s of Pasta sauce (optional).
There is something extremely relaxing about rolling the meat into little balls and plopping them into a. Never eating spaghetti and meatballs again in my life would be pretty devasted. The mother of all Italian-American foods, excepting pizza, perhaps, is spaghetti and meatballs. Simple to cook, with easy ingredients and only a little prep work, the dish is somehow marvelously rich and.
Spaghetti and Meatballs step by step
- Mix shredded Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs in a bowl.
- Take a small piece of ground beef (you want about 10-15 meatballs at the end) and flatten it out with your hands.
- Put a good amount of shredded Parmesan cheese and bread crumb mixture into the piece of flattened ground beef, roll ground beef into a meatball.
- Repeat steps 2-3 until all ground beef is in meatball form.
- Put a little bit of olive oil on skillet and place all meatballs in skillet, season meatballs, turn stove to low-medium heat (4 out of 10 or so), wait until meatballs have started browning just a little bit.
- Begin boiling water, put salt in water to help it boil and for taste.
- Continue cooking meatballs to preferred level.
- Add spaghetti to boiling water, turn down heat just a bit.
- If meatballs are done before spaghetti, turn heat to low. Test meatballs by cutting biggest meatball in half to make sure it's cooked properly.
- Once spaghetti is done, drain spaghetti.
- Put preferred number of meatballs in bowl, put preferred amount of spaghetti on top of meatballs.
- Add preferred toppings on top of spaghetti, either more Parmesan and bread crumbs, black pepper and oregano, or pasta sauce, or olive oil.
- Mix together and enjoy!.
Making the Best Spaghetti and Meatballs. I don't think there is any doubt that caramelized onions taste better than raw onions, the question is whether the extra effort is worth it. How to Make Spaghetti and Meatballs. There are three parts in making it. The first is to make the meatballs, next is to prepare the sauce, and lastly is to cook the spaghetti.