Mike's Smokey Beef Meatballs For Subs. Our beef meatballs are simmered in tomato sauce, sprinkled with parmesan, and covered with provolone for a truly indulgent taste of home. Meatballs, provolone, tomato sauce & parmesan cheese. (Not available in all locations). Because a meatball sub is the definition of comfort: saucy meatballs, melty cheese, toasted bread — what more could you want?
Actually this is sorta dinner…sorta lunch or sorta appetizer food. And let's just say I'm still working on losing the ell-bees I gained while I was there! Long story short, I swiped the idea for these Meatball Subs on a Stick from one of the entries. You can have Mike's Smokey Beef Meatballs For Subs using 40 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mike's Smokey Beef Meatballs For Subs
- You need of ● For The Meatballs [halved].
- Prepare of Kirkland Italian Style Beef Meatballs [no subs – excuse the pun].
- It’s of ● For The Sauce & Seasonings.
- It’s 2 (24 oz) of Cans Hunts Spaghetti Sauce [garlic & herb & mushroom].
- You need 1/4 Cup of Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese.
- Prepare 1/3 Cup of Chopped Basil Leaves.
- It’s 3 Dashes of Pepper Flakes.
- You need 1 of LG Bay Leaf.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Dried Italian Seasoning.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Fresh Oregano Leaves [minced].
- It’s 2 Dashes of Dried Fennel Seeds.
- You need to taste of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Celery Salt.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Granulated Sugar [or less ' add slowly & taste test].
- Prepare of ● For The Vegetables & Fruits.
- You need 1 of Medium Firm Tomato [chopped].
- You need 1/2 of LG White Onion [chopped].
- Prepare 1/2 of LG Green Bell Pepper [de-seeded – chopped].
- You need 1/2 Cup of Yellow Bell Pepper [de-seeded – chopped].
- It’s 5 Cloves of Fresh Garlic [smashed & fine minced].
- You need 1 Stalk of Fresh Celery [thin sliced & minced].
- It’s 1 Can of LG Black Olives [drained & halved].
- Prepare 1 Cup of Fresh Sliced Mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 of LG Jalapeño [de-seeded & minced].
- You need 1/3 Cup of Dehydrated Onions.
- Prepare of ● For The Bread Options [toasted].
- Prepare as needed of LG Fresh Hogie Rolls.
- It’s as needed of LG Fresh Lobster Rolls.
- You need as needed of Softened Garlic Herb Butter.
- You need of ● For The Sides/Options [as needed].
- Prepare of Smoked Provolone Cheese [room temp].
- You need of Grated Mozzarella Cheese [room temp].
- Prepare of Shaved Parmesan Cheese [room temp].
- It’s of Fine Minced Fresh Parsley [chilled].
- Prepare of Fine Shreadded Lettuce [chilled].
- You need Slices of Fresh Tomato [chilled].
- Prepare of Thin Sliced Red Onions [chilled].
- You need of Your Favorite Hot Sauce [shaken & chilled].
- You need of Pickled Yellow Pepperoncinis [chilled].
- It’s of Pickled Jalapeño Peppers [chilled].
They're perfect for appetizers, meatballs subs or on top of spaghetti. If I'm making a classic Italian meatball recipe, I like to use lean ground beef. Tiny meatball subs with red sauce and mozzarella cheese are perfect for entertaining. Combine ground beef, onion, green pepper, crackers, and egg in a large bowl.
Mike's Smokey Beef Meatballs For Subs step by step
- Add oil to a thick bottom pot. Chop all vegetables and add to heated pot. Sauté until vegetables are translucent. About 5 to 7 minutes..
- Add your seasonings and spaghetti sauces. At simmer, cook for ten minutes longer. Stir occasionally. De-thaw your 2 pounds meatballs in the microwave..
- In the meantime, butter and toast your hogies in oven at 350° for 5 minutes. Or, until browned and crispy. Add slices of Provolone Cheese to base of your warm toasted rolls. This will stop the bread from becoming soggy..
- Add your meatballs and simmer 15 minutes longer uncovered. Stir occasionally. You'll want your sauce to thicken up a bit..
- One of the best brands I've ever tasted!.
- Cheeses required. Room temperature..
- Chilled pickled Pepperoncini and Jalapeño Peppers pictured..
- You can also serve these meatballs and sauce over noodles coated with garlic butter [or olive oil] once noodles are drained. It's a great way to keep your noodles fresh and toothy until served..
- Serve your piping hot halved meatballs with chilled sides on a separate dish. Also, with ice cold beers in frosty frozen mugs..
- Toast bread with 2 slices of Provolone. Add halved meatballs and grated melted Mozzarella on top..
Season with Worcestershire sauce, garlic, seasoned salt, and pepper; mix well. The meatball sub is the ultimate deli hoagie, and every ingredient is important to its success. Game plan: This is a great way to use up leftover Italian meatballs, but no one says you can't make the meatballs solely for multiple rounds of sub consumption. Crockpot meatball subs are pure comfort food and perfect for game day! These crockpot meatballs are made from scratch and cooked in a simple You could add these meatballs to plenty of different sauces in your slow cooker, but we're going for meatball subs and that means tomato sauce today!