Turkey Meatballs with Pineapple, Black Beans, Cauliflower and Sw. These sweet and spicy meatballs are made with ground turkey, cherry peppers and bacon (because who doesn't love bacon!) Topped with a BBQ glaze, they are perfect for weekend gatherings, football appetizers or anytime you want finger foods. The combo of lime and cilantro really worked with the turkey meatballs. The same great flavors of Cuban-style black beans and rice made with riced cauliflower!
Ingredients of Turkey Meatballs with Pineapple, Black Beans, Cauliflower and Sw
- It’s 16 of Turkey Meatballs (We like Foster Farms Home Style).
- You need 1 of small diced Onion.
- It’s 1 (4.5 oz) of canned, diced Green Chilies.
- Prepare 16 oz of Frozen Cauliflower (&/or carrots, &/or bell pepper).
- You need 1 can of Diced Pineapple, drained (Reserve the juice for the sauce. I like this cut because it's an easy size for my kids to eat).
- You need 1 can of Low Sodium Black Beans, rinsed.
- It’s 5 of ish cups Brown Rice and Quinoa cooked according to their directions.
- You need 4 tablespoons of Corn Starch.
- You need 1 cup of packed Brown Sugar.
- It’s 2/3 cup of Vinegar.
- You need 2 tablespoons of low sodium Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Ground Ginger.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of All Spice.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Curry Powder.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of Ground Nutmeg.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Turmeric.
Pineapple Turkey Meatballs or Hawaiian Meatballs are fun and easy to make. They were so delicious that I wanted to be able to make them myself at home from. Sweet and sour meatballs are an excellent choice for an everyday family meal. The meatballs are cooked with a pineapple and sweet bell pepper sauce.
Turkey Meatballs with Pineapple, Black Beans, Cauliflower and Sw instructions
- Cook diced onion until it is translucent in olive oil in the same pan you will cook the rice and quinoa..
- Cook your Brown Rice and Quinoa (if you are not using leftovers from the fridge. I used leftover quinoa but you could cook both at the same time just make sure you combine the amount of liquid from both directions. Costco also sells a nice garlic brown rice quinoa blend called Seeds of Change if you don't want to cook either). I boiled 2 1/4 cups water, added a cup of brown rice, and let it simmer for 45 minutes..
- Combine brown sugar and corn starch in a large skillet. Warm it on medium heat for a few minutes..
- Add reserve pineapple juice, vinegar, and soy sauce to the brown sugar and corn starch stirring constantly until combined. Bring the sauce to a boil stirring frequently as it thickens. Add your choice of spices and boil for 1 minute..
- Add spices of your choice, green chilies, and black beans to your brown rice quinoa mixture..
- Add 1 bag frozen cauliflower (or other veggies) to the sauce. Simmer until heated through..
- Depending on time and preference, heat 16 meatballs in the microwave or in the sauce..
- Add diced pineapple to the sauce with the veggies and meatballs..
Serve the meatballs with rice and steamed broccoli, green beans, or carrots. Firecracker chicken meatballs served with a creamy cilantro coconut pineapple rice. Feel free to use lean ground turkey as well. Egg: to hold the meatballs together. Pineapple: the bites of sweet, juicy pineapple are incredible with the spicy meatballs.