Meatball Sub. Meatball Subs are a favorite recipe, perfect for a crowd and easy to make! Tender juicy homemade meatballs (or frozen in a pinch) are simmered in a flavorful tomato sauce are placed in a roll and. Because a meatball sub is the definition of comfort: saucy meatballs, melty cheese, toasted bread — what more could you want?
Ingredients of Meatball Sub
- It’s 1 box of meatballs (64 total).
- Prepare 2 tbsps of olive oil.
- You need .5 tsp of minced garlic (purchased jar).
- It’s 4 oz of minced white onion.
- It’s 14 oz of can of tomatoes, with juices.
- Prepare 14-16 oz of can of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 of small can of tomato paste.
- It’s of Generous dashes of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare to taste of Pepper,.
- It’s 8 of sub or panini buns.
- You need of Grated mozzarella cheese.
Here we combine a good-quality roll with our Italian Meatballs and some fresh mozzarella for an over-the-top. To serve, pile rocket and meatballs onto the sub roll bases with some sauce and top with a layer of grated mozzarella. Meatball Sub Casserole. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility. This easy meatball subs recipe is the BEST!
Meatball Sub step by step
- Read the instructions for cooking the meatballs and prepare them accordingly..
- While the meatballs are cooking, place a large pot on the stove and turn the heat to medium. Put in your olive oil, onions, and garlic, and stir for 1 to 2 minutes..
- Wipe the tops of all cans and combine the tomatoes, sauce, and paste in the pot. Use a long wooden spoon to scoop under and bring the sauce to the top, like a gentle toss. Season with Italian herbs and black pepper..
- When the meatballs are done, add them to the sauce and do the tossing motion until coated..
- Prepare your bread by cutting it almost all the way through. Scoop 5-8 meatballs inside each one, add a spoonful of sauce using a soup ladle, and sprinkle on the cheese. Turn on your oven's broiler and broil your sandwiches for 2 minutes, or until the cheese begins to melt. Don't leave the oven at this part..
- Remove your masterpieces from the oven and plate them with a side salad or crudites..
Baked homemade meatballs in marinara sauce Meatball subs are comfort food at its finest with saucy homemade meatballs topped with melted. It's so easy to enjoy this classic sub in casserole form! Homemade beef parmesan meatballs in a fresh marinara sauce topped with melted mozzarella cheese all on toasted bread. There's something so warm and comforting about. lustingfood. #food #meatball #meatball sub #sub sandwich #meatballs. #meatball sub #meatballs #garlic bread #sandwich #cheese #beef #food #tomato sauce #spicy #chicken parmesan #turkey. Actually this is sorta dinner…sorta lunch or sorta appetizer food.