Meatballs in marinara sauce. Make the sauce: Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat, then add the salt pork. Transfer cooked meatballs to paper towels to drain, then add to the marinara sauce. Chicken Meatballs baked in the oven are a quick and easy healthy alternative to the classic beef and pork meatballs.
The longer the meatballs simmer in the sauce, the softer they will be inside and also have the crust from them being fried. Note: If possible, ask your butcher to ground the beef, pork and veal together. The most classic sauce with meatballs has got to be tomato sauce. You can have Meatballs in marinara sauce using 20 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Meatballs in marinara sauce
- It’s of —-Meatballs——.
- Prepare 1-1/3 pounds of ground meat, I used ground sirloin.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of flax meal.
- It’s 1 of large egg.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped parsley.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of celery salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- You need as needed of vegetable oil it shallow fry.
- You need of —-Marinara sauce—–.
- You need 29 ounces of tomato sauce.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped parsley.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of whole leaf oregano.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of basil.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of honey.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s of —Topping—–.
- You need 1-1/2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
I thought I would make a really easy Marinara Sauce. If you are lucky enough to have fresh garden tomatoes, by all means, use them in this sauce. DIRECTIONS When last side of meatballs are nearly brown, add tomato sauce mix to the pan. Stir, being careful not to break up meatballs, cover and simmer for at least an hour. pepper, to taste.
Meatballs in marinara sauce instructions
- Mix all the ingredients together for the meatballs..
- Heat the oil and fry. Turn often and cover for 5 minutes before done frying..
- Move the meatballs to a paper towel to absorb excessive oils.
- Pour off all but 1/4 cup of oil. Add tomato sauce to oil and heat stirring often..
- Add tomato paste and let it dissolve. Add the rest of the ingredients to the sauce. Simmer for 10-15 minutes..
- Add the meat balls to the sauce..
- Submerse and coat the meatballs with the marinara sauce..
- Add cheddar cheese cover and remove from heat 15 minutes before serving..
- Serve I hope you enjoy! This is the Flax meal..
Add a little oil to a pan on medium-high heat and cook the onions and garlic until they are deeply caramelized. I have been craving some meatballs with marinara sauce for a long time now, so I finally decided to make them. We make meatballs quite often at my house, but rarely with any type of sauce. But I've been wanting these meatballs so I can have them with some great mashed potatoes. Serve with veggie noodles, sweet potatoes, or even eggs – they're perfect with anything!