Eggplant meatballs. Better than any eggplant recipes I get in a restaurant! There's a restaurant in my neighborhood that recently closed down and the eggplant meatballs are the one item on the menu I'll miss the most. These hearty, delicious eggplant morsels can be used as a replacement for meatballs, or they can be fried into patties and eaten like burgers.
Ingredients of Eggplant meatballs
- Prepare 1 1/2 lbs of eggplant.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Italian bread crumbs.
- You need 2 oz of parmesan grated.
- Prepare 1 of egg beaten.
- You need 2 of tblsp fresh basil diced.
- You need 1 of tblsp fresh oregano diced.
They're vegan, oil-free, and the perfect meatless recipe to share with your friends and family. A hearty and savory flavor-explosion, and. Eggplant meatballs are hearty meatless meatballs that can be served as a main course, in a sandwich or as an appetizer. Whichever way you choose to serve this eggplant meatballs recipe.
Eggplant meatballs instructions
- Pre heat 425°. Cut your eggplant into 1 inch squares..
- Heat oil in a large saute pan. Add eggplant. Add 1/4cup water and salt pepper to taste..
- Saute till tender, 10 -12 minutes..
- Add eggplant to a food processor. Pulse until chopped fine…
- In a large bowl, add bread crumbs,cheese, egg, eggplant, basil, oregano.
- Make your meatballs and place on a greased baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes, flip, then bake another 10 minutes..
- Add your meatballs into some sauce and simmer for 5 minutes. Serve over pasta enjoy..
Eggplant meatballs satisfy the taste buds of meat-lovers and vegetarians alike. Its sweet aroma will increase your appetite. Furthermore, you can add any leftover food to enhance its flavor and avoid. Eggs Benedict with Kale and Roasted Tomatoes. Add the remaining ingredients to the eggplant and mix well.