Basil Pesto Pasta.
You can cook Basil Pesto Pasta using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Basil Pesto Pasta
- Prepare 1/3 cup of pistachios.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare of Juice of 1 lemon.
- You need of About 2 bunches of basil.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Parmesan.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of olive oil.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s 12 oz. of any sort of pasta.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
Basil Pesto Pasta instructions
- Using a food processor, blitz the garlic and pistachios together. Then, mix in the cheese..
- After everything has mixed together well, place all the basil and salt in the food processor..
- Squeeze lemon juice into the food processor before blending in basil..
- With the motor running, slowly pour in the olive oil until pesto becomes smooth. Season with salt to taste.
- Cook pasta in a pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain water after cooked, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water..
- Place pesto and butter cut into cubes in a large bowl. Add pasta into the bowl and mix and incorporate until the pesto costs the pasta. While mixing, gradually add in 1/4 cup of the salted pasta water to make the pesto smoother..
- Use tongs and toss pasta and continue to add more pasta water if necessary. Continue mixing until pasta is evenly and well coated. Season with salt before serving..